Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Long Island Real Estate Market: What You're Not Hearing In The Media

For the Long Island real estate market, there are issues facing the market overall that you’re not hearing about in the media. I want to take a peak at the money issue.

Part of me really doesn’t want to write a series of articles about the realities because it just doesn’t look good for sellers. Another part of me says that I owe it to my communities here on Long Island to “keep it real”, otherwise I risk becoming just another real estate agent with head firmly implanted in sand.

One item we hear about is the “FHA” or Federal Housing Authority and the loans they back called “FHA loans”. Banks provide money to buyers at a greater amount (up to 96.5% Loan to Value or LTV). LTV is based on what the total appraised value is of a given home is and how much the buyer puts down and how much the bank lends.

Read the rest of the article

1 comment: