Saturday, September 26, 2009

Long Island Homes For Sale: No Coke, Pepsi

Okay so what do Long Island homes for sale and soda have in common? Nothing, I just felt like naming an article I write after the famous Saturday Night Live skit with Jim Belushi as the guy in the fast food joint. What a great skit.

Actually, sometimes I feel it's necessary to draw a comparison like this skit, where people visit Belushi's food joint and ask for "fries" and he say, "no fries, cheeps (chips)" and when the patrons ask for a hamburger, he tells them "Cheeseburg" and then yells back to this staff (Dan Ackroyd), "Cheeseburg, Cheesburg, 2 cheep..."

Where am I going with this? Well that's what I do as a real estate agent. And for sellers, this is what you want. When an agent, like myself, has multiple listings in his/her own inventory, meaning they're homes specifically in my own inventory, I get some people who want Pepsi instead of Coke.

Stay with me here.

Buyers will come to my open houses or call off of signs or ads that I have on other homes. Then if the home doesn't match their criteria (they want "Pepsi" instead of "Coke"...well then I tell them, "No Coke,...Pepsi!"

I can then bring them to your home and make the sale. That's the advantage of having a mover and shaker as your listing agent.

I make it happen.

Now I do not speak like Jim Belushi does and I will be more professional than he is, but I'll try my best to introduce the "Pepsi" with same decisiveness.

NOTE: I am making no reference to the quality of the soda here. So one home is not "better" than the other....

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment